1. Increase your audience by millions.
2. Improve your chances of ranking for keywords.
3. Get reviews that show up on Search and Maps.
4. Discover new resources and content.
5. Strengthen your brand on all social platforms.
That’s it in a nutshell. Do any of these five main reasons sound attractive to you? If the answer is yes (and if you’re a rational businessperson, we assume it is!), then you should consider these reasons to start using Google+ more. To understand this logic, first we have to establish the basic facts: Google+ is Google’s own social network, originally intended as a rival for Facebook and even Twitter. It’s notable for not being embraced by the general public was warmly as Google might have liked, but for businesses, it’s a unique and incredibly useful platform.
Let’s quickly look in more detail at those reasons once more, and exactly how it works:
1) Google+ has an active user base pushing 4 million. That’s not even the total number of users, that’s just the ones that log in regularly and see updates from brands like yours. An audience like this needs to be utilised if you want maximum reach for your social posts.
2) Optimising your Google+ business listing will help Google to identify what the focus of your business is. By tying in the same SEO keywords you use on your website with Google+ information and social updates, you’re sending a clear message that can help you rank more highly on search engines.
3) Your reviews on Google+ will appear in numerous places, which is helpful if you’re building up a good reputation. Not only do they appear on your Google+ page, but they will be visible next to your business name on Google Maps, and also on a widget that appears when your business name is at the top of the organic search results!
4) If you’re active on Google+ you’re also going to see the posts other people and brands put on there. There’s tons of useful and exclusive content available on there to incentivise people to interact and make more use of the network as a productive tool. Get involved and see what useful tools and information you can find.
5) Google links your local business page to your YouTube channel. This is either done automatically or manually, depending on what order you set up your accounts in and whether you created one or more of them a long time ago. Once linked, your YouTube videos will automatically be pushed not only to Google+ but also to Google Search results.
If you’ve dealt with any SEO company before, including ourselves at 123 Ranking, you will actually have been told already about the benefits of Google+. For many people it’s not a case of not being interested in all the great benefits, but perhaps a lack of time. We’re always here to help, so just let us know if you’re considering having us take on the responsibility of branding and promoting your Google+ page. We can do everything from optimisation to posting regular updates for you – just get in touch to discuss your options.
Online brand management is a key tool for both online and brick-and-mortar organisations. A Google plus business page offers another social platform to influence power users, and build better brand recognition through live video streaming and hangouts. It is a great addition to other online opportunities like Facebook or Twitter. Continue Reading
Right now Google Plus for Business hasn’t made its debut. Many bloggers have speculated that G+ won’t be pulled out of beta until Google Plus for Business is ready to be launched. On July 12, 2011, Google released a form in Google docs for businesses to fill out and get on the waiting list. They pulled the list the next day, stating that they weren’t ready to launch Google Plus for Business at this point. Continue Reading
Google Plus (officially spelled Google+) is The Big G’s answer to Facebook. It’s not the first time that Google has attempted to compete with the social media king. Remember Wave? The big difference is that Google Plus is picking up traction with over 25 million users, and it’s still only in beta! Continue Reading