No one ever anticipated just how big social media would become. Once viewed with great trepidation businesses wondered whether it would ever be something they would include in their online marketing strategy. However, move on a couple of years and social media has become an absolute necessity for every business that wants to improve their online presence and boost their bottom line.
With over 400 social sites to choose from, it can be difficult to know which one comes out on top. The main social drivers seem to be Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. But, there is one social networking site that businesses just aren’t utilising enough, and that’s LinkedIn! With 332 million members, it is the ultimate social site for knowledge workers and business professionals. If you’re not using it then here are 10 facts you should know about how this site can drive your business forward and improve your profit margins.
- It has 332 million members, there is literally a pool of marketing and networking opportunities out there.
- Every second, two new users join the site, your business opportunities are growing daily!
- One in three professionals in the world are on LinkedIn – trying to make your big break or pitch your product to someone? The chances are they’ll be on LinkedIn, go and find them now!
- Looking to hire new talent? There are 39 million recent graduates and students on LinkedIn.
- Thought it was all about Facebook? Think again, 13% of users don’t have a Facebook account.
- If you thought that number was high 59% of users don’t use Twitter either.
- 40% of users check LinkedIn daily, there are daily opportunities out there to network with your prospective customers and suppliers.
- 41% of users visit the site using their mobile phone, mobile search is becoming increasingly popular, could it be time to update your website so that’s mobile friendly too?
- There are over 25 million profile views made every single day, if you don’t have a profile or a business page, you’re missing out.
- LinkedIn’s goal is to have over 3 billion registered users.
Now these facts don’t mean it’s time to shut down your Facebook and Twitter accounts and focus solely on LinkedIn, if anything as a business or business owner it’s good to have an online presence on all of these channels.
However, LinkedIn presents an opportunity to find potential customers, suppliers, staff and business networking opportunities. Over the years it has evolved to be one the most important and most prevalent resources for professional networking. By developing a LinkedIn strategy that is keyed to the major goals of your business, it will be become an indispensable part of your social media strategy.
Embracing social media can seem daunting, but that’s where we come in. We’re no young pups in the online marketing world, we’ve been at it for over 15 years, so if you want to have a chat with one of social media consultants about your online strategy give us a call on: 0333 332 6396.
It’s time to unlock the potential of LinkedIn.